Monday 28 July 2014

Tell me,

What do you see when you look in the mirror?

Observing / Myself in the reflections all around me. Sometimes I like what I see, sometimes I don't, and that's okay I think.
Eating / Hazelnut chocolate, because well, I don't have to tell you why. It's comfort food. Don't judge me
Drinking / Coffee, but it's way too strong so the chocolate is helping wash it down.
Practicing / Patience, because they say you can't really know a person until you see how they react to slow internet speed and long queues. Let's just say you don't want to see me in either of those situations.
Buying / A camera bag. It's currently 'In Transit'. Hip hip hooray!.
Mastering / Being by myself and being content with that. I rely on others too much for my happiness (but can you blame me? my people are all just so great!)
Learning / to eject hard drives properly and backing them up in 3 different spots. I lost a valuable member of my hard drive collection last night. May he rest in peace.
Trying / to organise the next few weeks. Yikes, it's turning out to be a busy one!
Playing / around with new presets on Lightroom. There are just too many options for one gal to choose from
Finishing / off a project I need to send off by the end of the week. I think I took some of the best photos I've ever taken on the weekend and I'm a wee bit chuffed about it.
Reading / All your blog posts! I am so behind. Please forgive me
Remembering / to pack for my trip next week. Quick, what do I need to go to the snow!?
Wearing / A simple dress and stockings, though I recently bought an animal onesie. Maybe I should take some selfies and show you?
Cooking / I feel like I should get rid of this section because I never cook and I'm starting to feel guilty about that.
Working / More. Definitely more.
Traveling / to New Zealand next week! Yay!
Wanting / work to be over so I can go and have a little power nap at home. This gal desperately needs her beauty sleep.

Wondering/ how much about you I don't know. So tell me, tell me something new.

13 comments:

  1. Its funny, because normally in this situation in real life, I would tell the person asking about my blog, but of course that doesn't work on here. :) When I look in the mirror, well, normally, I don't. I'm okay with my face so long as I don't look at it too closely in the mirror. Because when you look at yourself in the mirror, mostly you see yourself far more close-up than other people do, and then you get insecure about blemishes and things that mostly other people can't even see. So I don't really look in the mirror, because I would love to love my appearance enough that looking in the mirror made me feel good, but I don't, and it doesn't. Wow, I didn't mean to go so deep, anyway, that kind of answers both your questions?
    ps. I secretly kind of excited that you're coming to New Zealand, even though you will be like a full day's travel away, I'm still excited that we'll be on the same island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. When we look in the mirror, all we see are the imperfections and the blemishes, but that's only because we are so close. Perhaps we need to take a step back and appreciate what others see in us.

      P.s secretly kind of excited too :)

      Delete
  2. Fun list - you should definitely take a pic of your animal onesie! New Zealand so close - lucky duck :) Hope you get to share with us your photos you took on the weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I need a new camera bag. Desperately. So it's something I need to invest it definitely. Thank you for reminding me actually!

    And I am so with you on the "being by yourself" thing. I am far too dependant on people just as well, and I am learning that having "me" time isn't so bad after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Observing / Myself in the reflections all around me. Sometimes I like what I see, sometimes I don't, and that's okay I think." - speaking very wise words there. I think it is more than okay to do exactly that. I'd say that's a very healthy balance. The very best balance. I think I'm getting there too!

    Re: snow... Oh gosh... As someone who only ever went to the snow twice, I have no idea! But you should definitely partake in lots of coffee drinking and hazelnut chocolate eating whilst you're there because I feel like that would go down PERFECTLY after an exhausting day out in the snow.

    "Wearing / A simple dress and stockings, though I recently bought an animal onesie. Maybe I should take some selfies and show you?" - Um, yes, absolutely. Which animal? :D Perhaps I'll just wait for the selfies... It's a surprise! I am such a gigantic onesie fan. I had a dalmatian print onesie myself, polar fleece, which I sadly had to leave in Aus when we moved over here because it took up too much space in our grand total of 2 suitcases that we moved over with... but I'll definitely be donning that onesie with pride upon my return. I miss you onesie!

    Have a wonderful time in NZ. I've not been - except to the airport - but I hear only good things.... Looking forward to seeing these photos you speak of! Have a fantastic trip :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I can't wait to show you my onesie :) It's pretty cute if I do say so myself.

      Delete
  5. When I look into the mirror I see myself, all my flaws, the stuff I like about myself, my story. Sometimes I also don't like what I see but in other cases I do.

    I was excited to read that you were going to New Zealand. I thought you'd meet with Emma again but seeing her comment it might not be so. But how cool would it be if you suddenly bump into each other? More photos are coming and this makes me excited. I may not comment here often but do know that I'm a fan Sam. I really admire your photography skills.

    Lovelots, Anne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in New Zealand, that's so exciting! :)

    RIP Sam's Harddrive.
    After seeing your Facebook status about that I went and copied a whole bunch of stuff haha, I think I might have to get another hard drive to add to ease my data anxiety haha.

    I'm excited to see your new camera bag, cause I'm super lame :P haha
    I have so much want for lightroom presets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not gonna lie, I held a little funeral for my hard drive. Shameful?

      Delete
  7. This is so creative. :)

    www.the-streame.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so stealing this idea. What a cool, fun, and simple way to talk a little about how you are and what you're up to. I'll be sure to credit :D and so my own spin.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.